|Bloomsbury Churchill Archive
Take a Tour
Available via annual subscription and perpetual access to institutions worldwide.
Published in October 2012 by Bloomsbury Publishing in collaboration with the Churchill Archives Centre, the Churchill Archive is a digital library of modern international history.
It includes more than 800,000 pages of original documents, produced between 1874 and 1965, ranging from Winston S. Churchill’s personal correspondence to his official exchanges with kings, presidents, politicians, and military leaders. This is more than a fantastic collection of primary source material; it is a unique online resource offering new insight into a fascinating period of our past.
In addition to primary documents, the Archive includes the following unique resources designed to support a range of courses:
- These guides provide an introduction to a topic which forms the foundation of further study into key areas of 20th-century history
- Designed around modules that appear on higher education courses internationally
- Written by leading academics who are experts in their field
- Provide clear links to the relevant primary source documents in the Archive
- Supported by extensive lecture slides on various topics
- Offer links to further reading lists, bibliographies and references
- These introductions offer an accessible way into the Archive for those less familiar or confident with the study of primary sources
- Provide an overview of broader areas of research and study and are based around key teaching topics such as Women and Social Change and Empire and Imperialism
- Provide a structured way to introduce students to primary source material and explore its relevance to their study and research topics
- Highlight a small number of documents from the Archive and suggest useful parts to explore further as part of independent research
With a subscription, you can access the full archive, as well as specially commissioned essays written by leading historians and curated groups of documents focussing on wide areas of study and research.
The Churchill Archive is available for purchase by institutions via subscription or on a perpetual access basis.
Take a Tour
Free trials are now available
These trials are open to teachers, faculty and librarians of universities, colleges, and academic institutions (private and public) and the duration and timings of these can be negotiated in order to suit the requirements of individual institutions. Please do get in touch if you’re interested in a free trial and we’ll do our very best to meet your institution’s specific needs. Contact us