|Bloomsbury Fashion Central
*Bloomsbury Fashion Central wins 2017 IPG Ingram Content Group Digital Publishing Award
Bloomsbury Publishing wins the Digital Publishing Award for work on Fashion Central, its new portal of content for higher education that builds on the Berg Fashion Library. It combines subscription and rental models and serves both instruction and research needs from a seamless, integrated platform. “Bloomsbury has got a clear sense of its audience segments and how the platform can deliver for them,” judges said. “It’s a global play with thinking outside of the box.”
Products available on subscription:
Fairchild Books: Over 130 Fairchild Books textbooks with student/instructor resources.
As market leader in fashion education, Fairchild Books understands the needs of fashion students and instructors. On Bloomsbury Fashion Central, students can find everything they need for their studies, to suit all lifestyles and budgets: rent or buy; digital or print. Educators will find a wealth of materials to help plan their courses and lessons.
For All Your Classroom Needs
Our new online STUDIOs are specially developed to complement our best-selling fashion and textiles textbooks with rich media ancillaries that students can adapt to their visual learning styles. Self-quizzes with scored results, personalized study tips, flashcards with definitions and image identification, videos, case studies, projects and activities, timelines, downloadable files, and additional book-specific content is closely integrated with reading assignments and classroom teaching to aid both students and instructors.
"The leading resource for students and researchers of fashion studies. Interdisciplinary in nature, with great visual and integrated content." Library Journal
Incorporating the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, this unique online resource is the leading source of information on dress and fashion. Berg Fashion Library offers users access to an expanding range of essential fashion resources, and is updated at least three times a year to keep students, scholars, and professionals at the cutting edge of their subject. It is essential for students and scholars in disciplines as diverse as anthropology, art history, history, sociology, geography, folklore, museum studies, theatre and cultural studies as well as fashion and textiles.
Features and Benefits
- Image partnerships: An extensive bank of 13,000 colour images from partners such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute, the Victoria & Albert Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and MoMu Fashion Museum, Belgium
- Free lesson plans with links to the Library’s online content, and bibliographic study guides for students on interdisciplinary topics
- Seminal classic and modern pieces on fashion, including essays and primary sources
- Full text eBooks of more than 90 Bloomsbury fashion titles
- Extra reference sources, such as an A-Z of Fashion, The Dictionary of Fashion History, and a museum directory
- Exhibition archive featuring classic dress and fashion exhibitions from across the globe alongside unique commentary from curators. Exhibitions include ‘Valentino: Master of Couture’ from Somerset House, ‘Gothic: Dark Glamour’ from the Museum at FIT and ‘War and Seduction’ from Museo de la Moda in Chile
- Cite, share, and personalize content
- Hyperlinks: find works in the same subject or by the same author; link between text and endnotes or bibliography
- Growing bank of teaching and research resources
- Unified taxonomy guides users to the informatio they need across subscription products
- Full suite of standard library features conforms to accessibility standards, MARC records, DOIs, usage stats (including COUNTER 4), online customer and technical support, promotional materials, library branding, and free trials
- Unlimited access via IP authentication and other standard access methods
- Flexible purchase options
- Online technical and customer service support
- See library endorsements, reviews and awards
Fairchild Books Library
The world's largest digital collection of fashion textbooks, now aggregated for students and enhanced by specially created teaching and learning resources, is now available on subscription in a model that works for everyone.
Features and Benefits
- Over 130 textbooks:
Available digitally as a comprehensive library of fashion resources through the Fairchild Books Library. Textbooks are fully indexed to provide a learning and reference experience
- Personalization – introducing STUDIO:
Assessments, videos and study tools are tailored to personal use and closely integrated with reading assignments and classroom teaching, to aid both students and instructors
- Integrated online learning resources:
Including self-quizzes, flashcards, videos and more
- Unlimited concurrency: Textbook content is available to all the library’s users, all the time.
Resources are specially designed to complement our best-selling classic textbooks, such as The Survey of Historic Costume, Retail Buying, and Technical Sourcebook for Designers, plus new books such as Surface Design for Fabric and Apparel Quality.
- Instant access to inspection copies
- Access to instructor materials that complement texts
- Digital classroom texts are fully integrated with images, research, and teaching support
- Lesson plans to help instructors integrate books, STUDIOs and additional resources into their lessons more effectively
Find out about subscriptions
Fashion Photography Archive
The Fashion Photography Archive, curated by Valerie Steele, includes 750,000 runway, backstage and street style images, supported by hundreds of articles, designer biographies, audio and video resources.
Here you will find everything you need for your fashion study, teaching and work, in an instant.
The Fashion Photography Archive is a fully searchable and meticulously indexed resource, allowing instant access to images that have never been published online. Approximately 300,000 images will be available by the end of the first year of launch, with further collections – of 50,000 images – being released in phases three times a year thereafter.
Features and Benefits
- Curated by Valerie Steele as Chief Curator and Editor-in-Chief. Valerie Steele is an internationally renowned scholar and Director of the Museum at FIT in New York
- Covers international runway shows from the 1970s until 2000, including key designers such as McQueen, Gaultier, Westwood, Chalayan, Galliano and more
- Features street style images from fashion cities and rare backstage and front row shots from fashion shows over the past 40 years
- A fine-tuned index allows students to easily compare and trace trends, designers, and seasons
- Updated 3 times a year with collections of 50,000 new images
- Teaching resources such as tailored lesson plans and accompanying videos
- Relevant for students of fashion, design, history, photography, media, visual culture, textiles, and related fields
Contact us for a free trial
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get information on pricing or to arrange FREE TRIAL(s) at your institution.