|Bloomsbury Screen Studies
Target Courses: Film History, Film Theory, Film Practice, Media, Communication, Drama, English
This dynamic digital platform takes users from script to screen and beyond - it comprises an exceptional collection of screenplays, critical and contextual books on film, and an interactive timeline of cinema history. Screen Studies is an essential resource for academics and students engaged in research and learning around film history, theory, and practice, and will be sold to universities and colleges worldwide via subscription or perpetual access.
At launch, the site contains 60 screenplays, including Dunkirk, Interstellar, The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Big Lebowski, displayed in the industry standard ‘studio format’. The 240 critical and contextual books include scholarly monographs plus practical instruction and insights from experienced practitioners on the art of screenwriting, film and TV production, animation techniques, and documentary filmmaking. The History of Cinema Timeline provides contextual understanding of film history from the 1850s to the present, with links to related content throughout the resource.
Benefits for Subscribing Institutions
Access by IP address, proxy server, Shibboleth, WAYFless URL and other standard authentication methods
- Convenient online account management service
- New and updated content added twice a year
- Support for outbound OpenURL linking from citations
- Screenplay-level and chapter-level DOIs
- Usage statistics available
- MARC records at volume level for all book titles and all screenplay titles
- Free promotional materials
- Conforms to accessibility standards for most Level A (Priority 1) and AA (Priority 2) success criteria of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) developed by the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C)
Find out more about How to Subscribe, including pricing and access options, and how to register for a free, no-obligation 30-day trial for your institution.
Benefits for Users
- Browse seamlessly between content types and by date, location, filmmaker, genre or theme with the easy-to-use interface
- Discover relevant information for research or teaching with ease, using the subject-specific taxonomy which links related content across the platform
- Filter search options to refine results, using the powerful advanced and full-text search
- Explore informative guides which illuminate key genres, periods, geographic regions, directors, screenwriters and films
- Get to grips with iconic screenplays or thought-provoking scholarly books presented in a clutter free e-reading environment
- Make notes, share, print or save favourites including books, chapters or other items for later; and export citations using the Personalization features – perfect for research, group work or revision
- Link from Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) to simplify access and integration with course delivery
Video Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_4nQeLfLJo
Download the Screen Studies flyer:
Download the Screen Studies poster:
Download the Screen Studies logo
Download banners to add to your website: Banner 1 (120x240), Banner 2 (397x200) or Banner 3 (480x60).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get information on pricing or to arrange a 30-day FREE TRIAL at your institution.