New Pauly Online
Edited by Hubert Cancik and Helmuth Schneider (Antiquity) and Manfred Landfester (Classical Tradition)
New Pauly Online features the complete sets of both Brill’s New Pauly and Metzler’s Der Neue Pauly. The encyclopedic coverage and high academic standard of the work, the interdisciplinary and contemporary approach and clear and accessible presentation have made the New Pauly the unrivaled modern reference work for the ancient world. Fifteen volumes (Antiquity, 1-15) are devoted to Greco-Roman antiquity and cover more than two thousand years of history, ranging from the second millennium BC to early medieval Europe. Special emphasis is given to the interaction between Greco-Roman culture on the one hand, and Semitic, Celtic, Germanic, and Slavonic culture, and ancient Judaism, Christianity, and Islam on the other hand. Five volumes (Classical Tradition, I-V) are uniquely concerned with the long and influential aftermath of antiquity and the process of continuous reinterpretation and revaluation of the ancient heritage, including the history of classical scholarship.
New Pauly Online is the unique dual-language online version of this standard reference work for students and scholars.
Brill’s New Pauly is also available in print, visit www.brill.com for more information.
Video and Tutorials
New Pauly EN
New Pauly PL
New Pauly HU
New Pauly SK
New Pauly RU
Features and Benefits
- Includes ALL volumes of Der Neue Pauly and Brill’s New Pauly
- Unique dual-language edition
- The browsable alphabetical index in both German and English
- Entries offer easy, direct access to basic information (names, places, dates, objects) from all areas of Greek and Roman culture
- Allows for basic and advanced searches
- Fully cross-referenced including hyperlinks
- Open Url (Uniform Resource Locator) which enables users to easily find a copy of a resource that they would be allowed to access
Please watch the product demo here
"Brill’s New Pauly fills the need for a comprehensive online guide to the Classical world and the Classical tradition. Topics are covered in depth with references to primary sources and relevant bibliography. More than one of our Classics scholars has expressed to me pleasure that the New Pauly can be accessed online". Tom Izbicki, Humanities Librarian, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
'Of considerable value to major academic libraries, this database and its multivolume print version suit the needs of archaeologists, classicists, historians, and linguists, i.e., users with a strong background in ancient languages and alphabets, classical scholarship, and world history.'
Ask for DEMO
We do offer 30 days trial for universities, institutions, libraries, and individual researchers.
What we need is:
1. External IPs of the entire university
2. Contact data of the librarian/administrator
3. The date when you wish to start
4. Send request to Jacek@jaceklewinson.com
For more information, open free trial or to place an order, contact:
Mobi:+48 502 603 290, skype:jacek.lewinson , Email:Jacek@jaceklewinson.com