Pilot September 2019 - Release date 2020
Readership:scholars and students of linguistics (esp. sociolinguistics, ethnolinguistics, anthropological linguistics, linguistic typology, language documentation, language policy, bi- and multilingualism), cultural studies and political science; politicians, IGOs, NGOs
One-time purchase of base content (RRP), subsequently annual update fee for new content.
The new peer-reviewed reference resource Linguistic Minorities in Europe Online (LME) provides comprehensive documentation of indigenous and immigrant linguistic minorities in Europe. It contains a variety of content and materials:
All articles in LME are enriched with metadata, allowing specific searches, such as language name, country/state/region, language family, keywords, references, linguistic examples (source, IMT gloss, translation). The content is heavily interlinked, so as to enable users to quickly move from the overview articles to the in-depth research articles. Also, LME articles link out to selected external online resources.
Approximately 75% of the content will be custom-written for LME, while the remaining 25% will consist of seminal research from De Gruyter’s and De Gruyter Mouton’s archives, carefully selected by the main editors and area editors.
In September 2019, a free access pilot version with Basque articles will be released, containing approximately 10 preview articles. The full version will be released in 2020, containing a total of 100 articles. Following the launch year, 50 articles will be added annually (in two yearly updates).
The full version of LME will contain articles on Basque, Croatian, Frisian, Hungarian, Turkish and Sámi as minority languages, among others (more languages/linguistic minorities will be added).
Linguistic Minorities in Europe Online is co-published with the Center for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan (MultiLing) at the University of Oslo and edited by Kees de Bot (University of Groningen), Lenore Grenoble (University of Chicago), Pia Lane (MultiLing, University of Oslo), and Unn Røyneland (MultiLing, University of Oslo) in collaboration with a group of expert area editors
For more information, open free trial or to place an order, contact:
Mobi:+48 502 603 290, skype:jacek.lewinson , Email:Jacek@jaceklewinson.com