|Peter Lang Evidence Based Acquisition
Evidence Based Acquisition
How it works?
- A library pays an upfront access fee to access a collection of books for an agreed period of time. The access fee is much smaller than that to purchase the entire collection.
- At the end of the access period, the library makes selections based on the usage; and the access fee goes towards the purchase of these titles.
- The purchased titles will remain as part of the library’s collection in perpetuity.
- The library may choose to continue in a second year – again under similar terms
Option 1) 12 month access to 4200 titles (English) from 17 subject areas. Upfront price $35.000.
Option 2) 12 month access to your choice of 7 subject collections. Upfront price $20.000
Option 3) 12 month access to 1 subject collection. Upfront price $5.000
After 12 months the titles you select to the value of the deposit remain a permanent part of your collection
EBA – Subject Collections
English Language & Literature 610
Romance Languages & Literature 221
Media & Communication 118
Film & Performance Studies 83
For an EBA you can choose one collection, seven collections or all of the titles from the Peter Lang eBook list
- All titles are DRM-free (unlimited concurrent access model)
- IP-based access
- Shibboleth, Athens authentication to increase usage
- COUNTER4-compliant usage statistics
- Cross Ref (DOI created at book level for citation linking) to make content easy to find, link, cite
- Free and straightforward access to MARC records
For more information, open free trial or to place an order, contact:
Mobi:+48 512 203 910, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org